Furls knitting needles may seem like just another brand of wooden needles, but not all knitting needles are created equal. Are these some of the best wooden ones ever?
Read my review of furls needles to find out.
Furls Knitting Needles
This is the first knitting needle Furls Fiberarts has produced. The company is a champion of beautiful tools for knitting and crochet.
These exotic wood knitting needles are perfect for beginners, experienced knitters, or anyone who wants a luxurious experience while crafting their next project.
With this ultralight knitting experience, you get from the exotic woods used. You’ll never want to go back to plastic or metal again.
With a gorgeous appearance, exquisite styling, and use of different materials, they look even better in real life than online!
The needle bodies are made from dense hardwoods and nonporous aluminum.
(Unfortunately, straight needles are the only type Furls sell. They don’t have circular needles. However, they’re only the first tools for knitters that Furls plan to create.)
Needle Sizes Available –
- Teak – 5.0mm (US 8), 5.5mm (US 9), 6.0mm (US 10), & 6.5mm (US 10.5)
- Rosewood – 5.0mm (US 8), 5.5mm (US 9), 6.0mm (US 10), & 6.5mm (US 10.5)
- Padauk – 5.0mm (US 8), 5.5mm (US 9), 6.0mm (US 10), & 6.5mm (US 10.5)
Total Needle Length – 10″ Long
Made From – 3 Options –
- Teak Body (With Ebony and Aluminum trim and details)
- Rosewood Body (with Ebony and Aluminum trim and details)
- Padauk (with Ebony tips and end)
The ebony and aluminum styling, the ebony tips, and the teak body make these beautiful tools.
Here’s a video review from Anja Johnson of Peony & Thyme on youtube for these single-point needles.
- They’re all made from dense hardwoods, handpicked from the most beautiful woods
- Handcrafted to perfection for a beautiful knitting experience
- Minimal snagging for yarns
- Finished to a supersmooth surface that feels amazing in your hands
- They glide through the yarn with ease
- The mm size is engraved on the bottom for easy identification.
- They come in many different sizes to suit your project needs.
- Lightweight (only 0.3oz/9g), so less strain on your hands and wrists
- Aesthetically pleasing
- A perfect gift for any knitter
- Save money on shipping when ordering over a certain amount
- You’ll have peace of mind knowing they won’t accidentally break when you’re on the go!
- A perfect combination of pointy yet rounded tips for smooth, fast knitting but avoids splitting the yarn
Here’s a great review from Infiniti Crafting Co. on youtube.
- Available in limited sizes
- The inlay decorations can catch the yarn, but if you knit loosely, it shouldn’t be a problem
- Only one length available
- Shorter than what you may expect, but they’re still very comfortable to use
- Some found the wood splinters, but that’s rare, and you’ll receive a refund or replacement
You can use these to create anything from simple scarves to complex sweaters. These versatile tools will be your go-to item when knitting something new.
How do you find wooden knitting needles? I’d love to hear your thoughts. Please feel free to leave a comment below.