Have you ever tried chair massage therapy or chiropractic treatment? If yes, you’ll know how they’re both so comforting and beneficial for human health. However, we cannot neglect the fact that they both have their differences.
Which one do you prefer, by the way? Do you think chair massage therapy works well for you or chiropractic treatment? No, wait. Are you aware of the difference?
In this article today, we’re going to talk about chair massage therapy and chiropractic treatment, their differences, and benefits. This way, you’ll be able to make an informed decision when choosing between the two, so let’s get this started:
Chair Massage Therapy
Let’s start with chair massage therapy first. It is more or less similar to the table massage you get in a spa. The only difference is that you get a body massage while sitting on a chair, fully dressed instead of lying on the table.
The best part of the story is that chair massage therapy is more convenient compared to table massage. It is cost-effective as you get to save a lot of money. Besides, there are also several kinds of massage therapies available, and massage chairs these days are equipped to accommodate them all.
From Shiatsu and deep tissue massage to acupressure and trigger point massage, massage chairs certainly have a lot to offer. All you need to do is spare a few minutes in a day, 10-15 minutes preferably, and your massage chair would provide you with the best time of the day.
Benefits of Chair Massage Chair
It goes without saying that chair massage therapy is incredibly beneficial for your health. It is not just great for your physical health but mental wellbeing as well. It is primarily the reason why several massage chairs are now registered as medical devices by the FDA.
Here I’m going to list down some of the commonly experienced benefits of massage chairs. Please give it a read before moving towards chiropractic treatments.
- Chair massage therapy can regulate the lymphatic flow of your body while boosting the immune system.
- It works well in alleviating body aches, particularly backache.
- It can relieve stress and anxiety by decreasing the stress hormones in the body.
- It can reduce fatigue and increase energy levels.
- It can improve problem-solving skills by increasing brain activity.
- It can help with symptoms of stroke, arthritis, fibromyalgia, and multiple sclerosis.
- It can help pregnant women by catering to pregnancy-induced symptoms.
- It can flush out the harmful toxins from the body and boost renal function.
So many benefits, eh? It is indeed a sensible approach to buy a massage chair for your home. Before we proceed to chiropractic treatments, let me highlight some of the best massage chair models. It will help you with the buying process, as narrowing down that perfect product can be overwhelming.
Human Touch Super Novo Massage Chair
- SMART MASSAGE CHAIR – Developed to utilize Alexa, this massager is your own Virtual Therapist at home. The intuitive…
- ERGONOMIC UNIBODY TRACK – Designed with a unibody track that covers up to 60% more of the back than conventional massage…
- 3D AND 4D PROGRAMS – This high-performance massager comes with 38 wellness programs that offer a unique experience for each…
Kahuna Hubot HM-078 3D Massage Chair
- Exquisite massage chair that professionally crafted with detail finish
- Hubot promises to provide ultimate rejuvenation and ecstatic relaxation for who need a professional high-quality full-body…
- Powerful 3D performance with KMS-08M-225L Massage System with high elasticity massage balls that Protrude to every inch you…
Medical Breakthrough 6 v4 Massage Recliner
- [WORLD MASSAGE THERAPY] – We spent 5 years studying different massage techniques from around the world in order to design…
- [DOCTOR-BASED] – The ONLY massage chair designed by over 25 doctors, surgeons, chiropractors, and pain specialists.
- [MEDICAL BODY SCAN] – Better than a masseuse! When you sit in the chair, it scans your body then positions the massage…
Although there is a massive variety of massage chairs available in the markets, the ones I’ve mentioned above are the best when it comes to quality and features. I believe there’s no point in having a massage chair if it isn’t luxurious. Extravagance needs to be a synonym for massage chairs.
Alright. Do you know anything about chiropractic? It is a kind of pseudoscientific complementary and alternative medicine that is used to treat spine-related disorders. As mentioned by chiropractors, spine-related problems can directly affect your CNS while negatively contributing to your overall health.
There are various chiropractic treatments. Manual therapy is the most frequently practiced one. It involves the manipulation of the spinal cord as well as nearby joints and muscles. It also includes a number of exercises and lifestyle alterations.
One thing that you need to understand is that chiropractors are not physicians. However, you can consider them pain specialists as they can treat body aches, especially backache, naturally. Again, it is a cost-effective and side-effect-free line of treatment. Thus, most people prefer them over taking allopathic medicines.
Benefits of Chiropractic Treatment
Chiropractic care is for people of all age groups and genders. It is one thing that brings along numerous health benefits, both physiological and psychological. It is practiced across the globe, and people are in awe of it for the right reasons.
To make it more clear, I’m going to mention the common benefits of chiropractic treatments. They’re suitable for pretty much everyone, so I’m sure you’ll find something in the store as well.
- It works wonders in eliminating joint pain, which makes it an excellent treatment option for arthritis patients.
- It is a natural alternative to pain relief medicines.
- It is a non-invasive treatment and comes with minimal to no side effects.
- It can increase mobility and range of motion.
- It can help decrease physical tension while de-stressing your mind.
- It can improve your energy levels and alleviate fatigue.
- It can boost muscle strength and increase your body’s flexibility.
- It can speed up the healing process of post-workout injuries.
Besides that, chiropractic care is recommended to most cancer patients. As you know, chemotherapy brings along various side effects, including body aches, fatigue, and anxiety. Chiropractic treatments can help with the side effects of chemotherapy naturally while increasing the recovery rate of your body. Isn’t that wonderful?
Wrapping it up, I’d say both chiropractic care and chair massage therapy bring along plenty of health benefits. It all comes down to what you prefer. I am a person who likes being independent in all such matters, so I prefer using a massage chair over visiting a chiropractor. It saves me time and money. I wish you well, my pals.