When I’m knitting, I want peace of mind. Not worrying about a ruined project because stitches fall off the needles!
Just what you need are needle point protectors! They come in different sizes, and they’re made from various materials like plastic, silicone and rubber.
Some people even make theirs with things like wine corks or foam core board!
The best ones keep your project safe while being easy to remove when you’re ready to start knitting again.
My Quick Recommendations
(Links above will take you to Knit Picks, Amazon and Etsy)
Table Of Contents
Knit Picks Point Protectors – Best For Most People
These pretty purple Knit Picks protectors are functional and straightforward. They work great with a variety of needles.
Let those frustrating times of fixing missing stitches be a thing of the past.
These, made from Thermo Plastic Rubber, come in two sizes, small and large. Each pack contains 2 sets, so 4 in total.
The small size fits US needle sizes 0-5. The large size fits US needle sizes 6-13.
- They stay on your tips
- Easy to attach, there’s a hole in the center of the protector you insert your tip in
- The color makes them a breeze to find
- Many customer reviews say they’re invaluable
- Cheap shipping in the United States & the United Kingdom
- The cost adds up if you want lots, but they’re worth it.
Bulk Point Protectors Pack – Best Budget Option
This is good for crafters who want lots and to save money.
50 small and 50 large in 4 different colors. If you’re prone to losing things, having bulk supplies such as these is excellent!
The small version fits a diameter of 3mm, and the larger fits a diameter of 6mm.
These aren’t the best quality. But you get a reasonable deal for 100 pieces.
The same company also sells stitch markers in bulk.
- Use them on the points of scissors too
- Economical shipping to the United States, the United Kingdom and Canada
- Not suitable for needles larger than 7mm in diameter
- Some customers found when they opened the package, it had a strong plastic smell
- You may find the package contains less than 100. Good news is you can return them for a full refund
Point Protector With Cardinal Charm – Best Luxury Option
Sometimes you need to put your project down for a while.
These delightful beaded ones keep stitches from falling off the needles when you’re not knitting your work-in-progress.
They come in 3 sizes (small, medium, and large) to fit sizes US 0-15 and easily pop onto the tips.
Looking for an elegant yet functional knitting gift? This is an excellent option. The seller also offers gift wrapping, and matching stitch markers in separate listings.
- Looks lovely with the beads and the Cardinal bird charm
- Options for different sizes is handy
- The rubber tips are effortless to put on
- Expensive due to the Swarovski crystals, beads, and charm but so worth it.
What Is A Point Protector In Knitting?
A point protector in knitting is a small cover for the tips of knitting needles. Usually made from a flexible material.
What Are Needle Point Protectors Used For?
Use Needle Point protectors to keep tips from getting damaged or stop working yarn from falling off when your project is being stored.
Especially useful for double point needles and circular needles.
Knitting Needle Point Protectors DIY
What Can I Use For Knitting Needle Stoppers?
Use a wine cork or foam board for knitting needles stoppers.
How To Make Knitting Needle Point Protectors
We Are Knitters have an excellent tutorial on how to create painted wine corks to use as protectors.
If you have any bright ideas for DIY protectors or have other favorites, I’d love to hear from you. Leave a comment below.
Pin Now to Save for Later